Did you know that gaining weight can be good for your heath? Weight gain refers to the increase in a person’s body weight brought about by lack of physical activities such as regular exercise, intake of too many calories e.t.c. However, it can also be as a result of workout routines such as those in bodybuilding wherein muscles tend to increase in terms of weigh
Contrary to popular opinions or thoughts, weight gain shouldn’t be considered to be bad at all times. People, especially those who are very thin for their age, frame and height would be very happy when they discover that they have gained some weight. For them, this weight gain shows that there is an improvement in the condition of their health, as well as their appearance.
Although in most cases, weight gain serves as an indicator of good health, it can also serve as an indicator of negligence especially if there are signs of obesity. Obesity occurs when excess fat accumulates in the body.
People gain weight for two different reasons. First, they want to build muscles for a fit body. The second reason is because of their health. Most times, weight gain is recommended to those who have lost so much body fat due to dieting and also those who have developed various eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia. People who suffer from this condition are advised to gain weight in order to recover all the body fats and nutrients they have lost.
To know if you are gaining some weight, check for its symptoms such as;
- An increase in the fat percentage of the body
- Increased mass of muscles
- A rounder belly
- Increase in the level of body’s hydration.
However, it can be hard to determine if a person’s weight gain is good or not. This is because people have different individual needs, which needs to be paid attention to. Although knowing the ideal weight for a person’s height can be a good indicator. It is always best to consult a physician to avoid further complications.
For those who are planning to gain weight for healthiness and fitness, here are some helpful tips to get by:
- Involve yourself in workout routines that target increase body fat and muscles. With this, you will gain weight without having to worry about obesity since a person burns only the unnecessary fats, while paving the way for muscles to gain weight.
- Have an idea of what the target weight gain is. Just like in losing weight, weight gain also requires utmost time, focus and dedication.
- Always have a healthy and well balanced diet (very important).